[Status Report 2021] We’re looking for moderators and feedback to run the subreddit, come in and see! Important
If you’re interested in [Entry Thread #74], we’re a bit too early for it. Set your calendar to January 21,
2021 2022 at 23:00 UTC (click for your preferred time zone), or click here for the RemindMe! In addition, all 2022 dates are available on the stickied meta post here or the subreddit's sidebar! There’s also a Discord hyperlinked, if that’s more your style.
I’ve been planning to make this post for a while, but procrastination got the best of me. If you haven’t heard, last thread went less than ideal, with two disqualifications taking place. That said, things are now operating back to normal, and there are a lot of comments with people satisfied with the recent victor.
As for the main reasons I’m here…
We’re looking for moderators! Given what happened last time and making sure it doesn’t happen again, I would like to ask for volunteers here who would like to share their time with the subreddit. You don’t necessarily need to have experience moderating a subreddit, as this is, by design, a much different subreddit to organize, being so focused on random draws and donations to the winner. If you are interested, here are my goals for the subreddit and requirements for applying.
Goals for 2022:
- The subreddit should be much more streamlined between making the post and selecting the winner.
- There should be a higher participation rate between subscribers and commenters.
- Statistics should be collected, including the winner’s earnings, subreddit posts, and performance.
- There should be a small group that reviews a tentative winning account.
- Users should demonstrate if they’ve been involved or not, such as a “Donator” flair.
- There should be a minimum karma requirement that automatically disqualifies users if not reached, much like account age.
- You must have a legitimate Reddit account.
- You must use Discord.
- You must have a device that can run Python.
- You must understand you will be unable to enter [Entry Threads] following your moderatorship.
- This subreddit is primarily a four-day commitment per month. It is expected that this commitment be honored.
If you are interested, fill out the moderator interest form here, as we prepare the actual application. It should be ready at, by the latest, the beginning of February. Best case scenario, mods will be added by the thread for February, worst by April to give everyone a realistic timeline. As of now, the form is just so you can put in your username, and later we will send you the actual moderator application by PM.
Google Forms Moderator Interest: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0vG8cu_yC1kIIr-Df58pZuKcvglEd71leUWdf5GZ1gOZ2pw/viewform?usp=sf_link
The other reason we’re here is for feedback. This is also the time where I plug in /r/millionairemakersmeta as a quick and easy way to get the moderators’ attention, though it pales in comparison to posting on the main subreddit. Give us your thoughts on how this train is going. Leave a comment or two, or if you want to be professional, here’s another form you can post your thoughts in.
Other than that, it’s been a solid year. Participation has risen since the last year the subreddit started, we made several thousandaires, and some quality-of-life changes to the operation of this subreddit. If you don’t really care about this, then in one more week the thread for January will be up, so go to that and click on it! Thank you.